The Bokeh Masters Kit is a fun little toy that you can purchase to create interesting camera effects with your DSLR. If you don’t know what Bokeh is, it’s that blurry background you get when shooting with a DSLR camera. If you are shooting a subject with lights in the background, the lights normally show up as little circles blurred in the background, but with the Bokeh Master Kit, it can look something like this:
I photographed the blue and white lights we put on our house for Hanukkah using the Bokeh Masters Kit and the six pointed star bokeh disc, which looks just like a Star of David! Very fitting for Hanukkah!! :) In the top horizontal image, I used two textures from Paint the Moon, the bottom one is mostly straight from camera, and I edited the vertical shot with Totally Rad Actions.
The kit was super easy to attach to my camera, and I loved all the little discs that are supplied with it – smiley face, heart, star, fleur de lis, and so much more. They even give you blank discs so you can make your own. You can find a list of recommended lenses to use on their website. I used mine with my 50mm 1.4, but you can also use the 1.8, or an 85mm 1.8,and a few more. Make sure you double check and ensure your lens is supported. The kit looks like this on your camera (photo is from their website):
If you’re a bokeh-lover, this product is definitely a must have. Want one for yourself?
BUY IT! For a limited time, Bokeh Masters Kit is offering a free upgrade to the masters kit when you purchase the advanced kit (that’s a $35 value for only $25)! Click here to buy the Bokeh Masters Kit! If you are in the US, you may want to purchase from one of their dealers, such as B&H or PhotoJojo since shipping will be faster. PhotoJojo is offering $5 discount on any product for Cyber Monday, btw – so if you want this, today is a great day to buy! :)
WIN IT! You can win your own Masters Kit right here!
Mandatory entry: Visit Bokeh Masters Kit and tell me which bokeh disc you think looks the most fun to use, and how you envision using it in your photography! For example, I would love to try the heart shape disc at a future engagement session at night, perhaps at the county fair so I can capture the fun lights. How cute would that be?
Additional entries (leave a SEPARATE comment for each one, so if you follow my Facebook and subscribe via email, you would leave two comments. Please do not put all entries into 1 comment or they will NOT be counted!):
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (see sidebar)
- Let me know if you follow Bright Autumn Sun’s Facebook Page
- Let me know if you follow Karen Lisa Artistic Photography’s Facebook Page
- Follow @karenlisa on Twitter
- Check out Udi’s blog, DIY Photography, and tell me something you learned from his site.
- Follow @diyphotography on Twitter
- Add Bright Autumn Sun (http://www.siren.org) to your blog roll (or grab my button)
- Subscribe via email (see sidebar & verify your address) or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Tweet daily for extra entries: I LOVE BOKEH!! I entered to win a Bokeh Masters Kit from @karenlisa during #photofunmonth! http://bit.ly/dLMrFW
The contest ends on December 7, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.